This week on Don’s Appliances Tailgate Series, we’re making the McRib done the Don’s way in the convection oven. Don’t forget to add the pickles and onions!
- 1 rack baby back ribs
- 2 tablespoons butter cubed
- ½ jar pickle chips
- 1 tablespoon Garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons rub
- 1-foot-long sub roll
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 30oz BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons BBQ rub
- 1 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 1 white onion sliced
- 3 tablespoons bourbon rub
- Place rack of ribs on work surface, trim to uniform size by removing end two ribs.
- Next, remove silver skin from rack and score bones to ensure easily popping out after cooking.
- Add garlic Salt, kosher salt, Bourbon rub and regular rub to the rack, coat evenly
- Place on sheet tray and place in oven at 250 degrees for two hours.
- After the 2 hour mark, glaze ribs with butter and BBQ sauce and wrap in foil or butcher’s paper.
- Place in oven wrapped at 225 degrees for two hours.
- After 2 hours, take ribs out of oven, unwrap, and remove all bones.
- Place on clean sheet tray, glaze with BBQ sauce again and rub.
- Broil on high for 5 to 7 minutes to ensure proper glaze.
- To assemble, place whole rack on roll, top with onions and pickles and some extra sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
Stay tuned for more weekly tailgate recipes with Chef Anthony Marino and don't forget to follow us on our Youtube Channel!