Did someone say Lollipop Lollipop oh Lolli Lolli Lolli Lollipop? No! But this week on the Don’s Appliances Tailgate Series, Chef Anthony is making Lollipop Chicken Drumsticks on the induction cooktop topping them off with fried pickle chips. These are great for a small group of family and friends or even for a larger group by simply doubling the recipe!
Lollipop Chicken Drumsticks
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons grain mustard
- ¼ cup BBQ seasoning
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 quart canola oil (for frying purposes)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup BBQ seasoning (for final glaze)
- 2 tablespoons BBQ dry rub (to finish wings)
- 12 to 15 pickle chips
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice
- 2 tablespoons BBQ seasoning (for pickle chips_
- Prep chicken by cutting edge of drumstick off and expose bone. Should look like a lollipop.
- Use a paper towel to dry any excess moisture from brining wings overnight.
- Heal oil on cooktop - we prefer to use the induction cooktop!
- Add the pickle juice, mustard and BBQ rub to the drumsticks and coat evenly.
- Roll into flour and dry until golden brown.
- Place drumsticks on sheet tray and bake for 12 minutes on 350 degrees until the internal temperatures reaches 165 degrees.
- Dry pickle chips and coat with flour, and fry until crispy.
- Place on paper towel and coat with BBQ rub.
- After drumsticks have reached temperature, mix BBQ sauce and soy sauce in a bowl to give the lollipops a final coating.
- Coat with remaining rub.
- Serve and enjoy!
Stay tuned for more weekly tailgate recipes with Chef Anthony Marino and don't forget to follow us on our Youtube Channel!